Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th!

We had such a wonderful holiday weekend! Since it was a 3 day weekend, we decided to head to Vegas! We always love being able to visit Robby's family and we are grateful that we still live close enough to them to be able to do so!

 The weekend included:

 We definitely LOVED this movie. 

We always love Raising Cane's. And the fact that one is opening in Phoenix soon thrills us beyond belief. We might just become their number #1 customers here.

We were introduced to Purple Penguin snow cones...best ever! We had mango with ice cream and cream...truly amazing!

The most exciting adventure of the weekend was when Robby, Danielle and Dan all jumped off of the Stratosphere! They did the Sky Jump-a 855 ft free fall...and LOVED it! Why didn't I do it, you ask? Well, I have a pretty real fear of heights, but I loved watching my family that did it! I was so nervous and had butterflies the whole time, and I wasn't even jumping :) Anyways, Sue and I took lots of pictures of the brave jumpers and here they are!
Getting suited up...

All smiles! 


 Robby in the air!!

 Safe on the ground...

 The happy flyer!


We also did some shopping, lounging, visiting with friends and major people watching on the strip. A big thanks to our awesome family for such a FUN weekend. We drove home Monday night and as we were coming into Phoenix we had fireworks on one side of the highway and lightning storms on the other. It was really cool. I'm starting to really love desert thunderstorms!

No comments:

Post a Comment