Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm not a food blogger....yet

Okay so maybe my dream is to be a food-blogging dietitian. Well first of all I need actual photography skills. Oh and my RD. But that will happen soon enough! Anyway, I made up an awesome recipe for dinner tonight and I wanted to record it before I forget! I didn't want to write it down so I thought I would share with those who visit my blog!

Maybe another thing I need is the ability to name recipes...lets call this Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Pasta.

 

So here is what I used.

8 oz whole wheat linguine (1/2 box)
1 pound shrimp (I used raw, frozen shrimp and let it thaw under running water)
2 T oil (whatever kind you have, I used canola)
1/2 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 t red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicy)
parsley
pepper

Its so easy! Ready? Go....

First, pour oil in pan over medium heat. Cook garlic and onion for 3-4 minutes. Add shrimp, lemon juice, broth and red pepper flakes. Cook until shrimp is no longer translucent and is pink. Be careful because shrimp cooks fast! When shrimp is done, add parsley and pepper. Toss with the pasta.

The husband & I both LOVED this dinner. We had big yummy salads to go with it & were in heaven. Luckily it made leftovers for our lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment