Thursday, June 16, 2011

Birthday, Internship Orientation and Seattle

I just got back from an 11 day trip and it was so busy! It started out on the 5th when I flew to Salt Lake City. I spent 5 days there in orientation for my internship with Utah State University. It was so exciting to finally start my internship after waiting since April 3rd, when I found out that I was matched!

The orientation consisted of a lot of getting to know you activities, group presentations, clinical worksheets, case studies, curriculum overviews, and refresher lessons on teaching/lesson plans and the nutrition care process.

However, my favorite part of the trip was spending time with my good friends from BYU Dietetics who are also in the internship. We also met up with other friends who were nice enough to drive down from Provo and have dinner with us! It was so fun! Here we all are at Old Spaghetti Factory:


Since it was the day after my birthday, they had to embarrass me and tell the waiter it was my birthday. I secretly loved it!

While walking around Trolley Square we were surprised to see that someone put tape over some fingers on the crosswalk sign. It was so creative and funny! 

One other highlight of the trip was going to dinner on my birthday with my dear friend Elisabeth! It was such a wonderful evening and I was so happy to be able to catch up with her before she heads off to Brazil! We went to dinner at Oh Falafel in Sugarhouse and had yummy falafel sandwiches! Then we drove over to Temple Square to take advantage of the beautiful evening! We walked around and had fun talking and remembering fun times. Thanks for a great birthday Elisabeth, it was way better than spending it in a hotel room! 


After orientation I flew to Seattle and spent the week with my wonderful family! The week included:
  • my birthday celebration
  • Emily's high school graduation 
  • family dinners with both sides of the family
  • shopping
  • attending my home ward and seeing all my wonderful friends
  • going out to lunch with both Ashley and Megan and catching up with them on their exciting lives
  • spending time outdoors in the beautiful pacific northwest


The two things missing were my sister Megan and Robby. We sure wish they could have been with us, thank heaven for cell phones and skype! I sure am glad to be home after a whirlwind 11 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment